In this week’s swHw mastermind, Michelle managed to talk through the twelve pillars of retention in right around 45 minutes. (That has to be some kind of content-delivery record!) It was so good, though, that we decided to share one of our favorite tips from each of the 12 with you here.
But before we dig in, though, we need to redefine retention — it’s deeper than merely keeping a customer.
“Retention is stewardship of the mission God has called you to and the people He has brought your way through your work.” – Michelle Myers
While we’ve got you amen-ing, let’s dig in:
- Assume their doubt + reassure their decision.
- How can you keep the conversation going?
PROACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Can you connect them with others who engage with your work as well? Make them feel like they’re a part of something more than just buying something.
- If a customer has already said yes to you, there should be perks inside that are not widely advertised on the outside. (Psst – this is how you underpromise + overdeliver!)
- Ask reflection questions that make them see their own transformation.
- Let them savor every bite by spreading out what you do over time vs. giving it all to them at once.
- Think beyond getting them to buy it; think about more frequent usage.
- A voice memo or video message is sure to shock!
- Pray for your people (prayer is so intimate)
- Hop into somebody’s mailbox instead of their inbox.
- If you’re bored, people who engage with you probably are too.
- One person saying yes is a really big deal – it’s one person that God has given you to steward well. Treat them that way.
There ya have it — a crash course in retention! But we’d rather give you the whole thing. If you want more + a community of working women who love Jesus and desire to use their gifts for the glory of God and the good of others, join us! We can’t wait to welcome you with open (socially distanced, of course) arms!
[When you join our swHw community (for as little as $10/month if you pay annually and $15 if you go month-to-month), you’ll immediately gain access to this entire mastermind class + the corresponding resource that helps you lay it all out + a library full of other classes, trainings, and resources.]