Stop Believing the Lies

I recently had an emotional breakdown. There were a lot of circumstances out of my control happening, and one night, I finally broke down. I realized that I had been fighting for so long to “have it all together” and act like my life was going 100% planned by me. Because isn’t that what we want others to think–that we’ve got it all together, we’re never thrown off our game, and we trust the Lord 100% of the time?

I can tell you from experience, that’s wrong. It’s a lie and it’s wrong. We don’t have it all together. We’re thrown off our game when we’re given a curveball, and we don’t trust that the Lord has our best interests in mind. We’re human. Our sinful nature is to not trust in Him.

When I finally stopped fighting, I realized 2 things:

• I was believing Satan’s lies, not God’s promises.

It finally hit me that I had believed the enemy’s lies for so long. I thought I wasn’t capable, strong, or confident. I was so far away from God that I couldn’t hear His voice anymore. I couldn’t hear that He was saying, “Teeny, you are strong in Me.”

Satan was using the fact that I wasn’t spending time in the Word and talking with God daily. He snuck in when I was weak and vulnerable. But that’s what Satan’s good at – knowing when we’re weak and using that to his advantage.

I KNOW God’s promises. I’ve heard them my whole life. But I didn’t believe that they were true for me. But let me tell you, sweet friend: God’s promises are true for YOU. You are loved. You are valued. You are beautiful in the eyes of our Creator.

If you believe God’s promises, share it with others. Share the love of Christ with your neighbor.

• I was being completely selfish.

After I threw myself a pity party and stopped believing the lies, I realized that I was being completely selfish. I was only thinking about myself. “I can’t do it. I am not capable. I don’t want to. I’m too tired.” Do you see the problem? Me, me, me.

But life is not about us, is it? We were created to glorify God. Everything we do should glorify God.

I want to encourage you; if you are deep in the lies of Satan, get in the Word. Open your Bible. Get on your knees and pray that the Lord would speak loud and clear to you. Stand firm in the promises of God.

By | 2017-08-07T01:30:49+00:00 March 16th, 2017|Faith, Family|10 Comments

About the Author:

10 Comments

1. Mary Ruth March 16, 2017 at 12:45 pm

We are all guilty of neglecting the power of God in our lives and Satan prowls around like a lion ready to devour us at our weakest moments. More than ever I am convinced that only intimate time with God through daily study in His Word can fill me with the truth I need to experience His purpose and please Him with my faith and actions.
    As the she works His way team, may you continue to submit yourselves to God’s authority and give yourselves wholeheartedly to the calling He has given you. The wisdom you share and model and the knowledge you provide is needed encouragement and joy.
    May you allow God to fill your cup every day.

2. Rhonda Gross March 16, 2017 at 2:05 pm

I have been there! My emotional breakdown was due to the same things you mentioned…not being in the Word on a daily basis, trying to be in control, etc. I had to recognize the lies of Satan, too. He is so crafty and is always ready to strike. In my healing process (my breakdown landed me in the hospital) I wrote a book about it. My Biblical counselor urged me to get it published, which I did, and I’m thankful God has used my story to help others. Thank you, Teeny, for being transparent and sharing your story. Women need to know it’s ok not to have it all together, in fact, it’s normal and that’s what steers us toward Christ.

3. Cristina Williams March 16, 2017 at 3:59 pm

AMEN, my beautiful sister!!! Thank you for your transparency! I love you, and am so proud of you!

Satan beware: Teeny is onto you, and she follows someone much more powerful than you…oh yeah, that’s right. I think you know Him. His name is JESUS!!! He loves Teeny unconditionally and is using her for a major purpose–His purpose!!! Back off!

(Okay, big sister mode complete.)

4. Cristina Williams March 16, 2017 at 4:01 pm

YES, Mary!! That’s good! Real good!

5. Julie Rowsey March 16, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Teeny- Thank you for this!! I hear over and over how we don’t have it all together and how much we need to rely on God but am SO quick to forget that! This is something I needed reminded DAILY of and need to WORK daily on! Trusting God with my hot mess and smiling knowing that he is probably laughing at me while I try juggling life without His help. Praying that we both stand firm in God’s promises and find constant reminders of our NEED to rely on Him in His word!

6. Amber March 16, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Just what I needed today! I just accepted a new position at work, and I am unsure if it is something that I can actually do. But I will dig in the Word and believe God’s promises and bring Him glory though my successes and failures. Thanks Teeny!

7. Krista March 16, 2017 at 9:29 pm

So awesome! Thanks for sharing this Truth Teeny.

8. Mary Gay March 17, 2017 at 4:17 am

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Teeny! I’m totally there and needed this reminder to stand firm!!

I feel like a tornado has swept in and turned my life upside down…I’ve felt totally hopeless one moment and full of trust the next. Like I just can’t clean up the mess. But God wants me to trust Him in ALL THINGS…at ALL TIMES. He doesn’t expect me to clean it all up alone. I can lean on Him and stand firm on His promises. He will make all things new and He will be glorified as I am strengthened and made capable by His loving hands!

Thank you for your vulnerability and honesty!

– Hugs
    Mary

9. christy mishler March 17, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Great reminder Teeny! Thank you!

10. E March 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I needed this so much today, and I’m grateful to you. The Lord used you to be an encouragement to me. Last night, I was confronted with how my fear can not only be destructive to me and my walk with God but can also hurt and destroy those I love most. I’m not perfect; I’m most definitely still learning. Had I just chosen faith over fear sooner, so much hurt could have been avoided. But truthfully, thanks again. This was a much needed reminder.